[xsd-users] Trouble when not using g++

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu May 16 19:41:36 EDT 2013

Ray Lischner <rlischner at proteuseng.com> writes:

> I am trying to use a non-g++ compiler on Linux (xsd version 3.3.0). When I
> run make, I choose "3" for the C++ compiler, enter the appropriate options,
> and I am able to make xsd, but when the makefiles start to compile the
> tests, the make rules fail to run xsd.

Yes, we have a problem in this case. In a nutshell, when we use a generic
C++ compiler, there is no automatic dependency generation support and the
XSD compilation is not triggered.

In our newer projects (e.g., ODB), we have a solution to this. I can
also probably fix it in master if that would help (I think the patch
should also apply fairly cleanly to 3.3.0).