[xsd-users] Trouble when not using g++

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteuseng.com
Thu May 16 06:32:37 EDT 2013

I am trying to use a non-g++ compiler on Linux (xsd version 3.3.0). When I run make, I choose "3" for the C++ compiler, enter the appropriate options, and I am able to make xsd, but when the makefiles start to compile the tests, the make rules fail to run xsd. Instead, the tests/cxx/parser/built-in test immediately tries to compile driver.cxx, which fails of course because test-pskel.hxx doesn't exist because make hasn't run xsd.

I don't understand the build system well enough to debug this. Why doesn't the makefile run xsd when I configure a different compiler, but when I run "make disfigure; make" and choose "1" for the C++ compiler, everything works.

Ray Lischner,
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
133 National Business Pkwy, Ste 150     t. 443.539.3448
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701            c. 410.854.9787
rlischner at proteuseng.com                f. 443.539.3370