[xsd-users] get string of subtree

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue May 21 10:12:56 EDT 2013

Hi Adrian,

Adrian Stern <adrian.stern at screenfood.com> writes:

> Could you point me to this example?

The example is in the examples/ subdirectory in the XSD distribution.
I think you are using a Debian/Ubuntu package in which case the
examples should in /usr/share/doc/xsd/examples/. If they are not
there, then grab one of the pre-built packages and it will be there.

> And also are there any "best practices" about how to configure xsdcxx?

There is the Schema Compilation Checklist that covers the basics.

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/XSD/Schema_compilation_checklist

> I've some methods called "methodname_" which is quite ugly and unmeaningly.

Generally, the approach that I would suggest is to pick something you
don't like about the mapping (e.g., methodname_) and then go through
the XSD compiler options (man pages but also available on the web)
and see which one would allow you to change that. XSD is extremely
configurable so chances are good you will find it.