[xsd-users] C++/Tree parsing: expected element exception query

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Mar 7 08:32:55 EST 2011

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Clements <jclements at comcast.net> writes:

> Exception: expected element my.name.space#minimized

The "my.name.space" is the namespace and "minimized" is the name of the
expected root document element. When you call one of the parsing functions,
it expects to find the corresponding element as the root document element.
If the element namespace/name does not match, you get this exception.

If you want to handle documents with varying root elements, check the
'multiroot' example in the XSD distribution.