[xsd-users] Using xsd inheritance

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jan 23 14:29:09 EST 2008

Hi Michael,

Alig, Michael <malig at sempratrading.com> writes:

> I am very impressed with XSD! I have successfully used it in my current
> project.

Great, I am glad you enjoy it!

> The xsd has now changed to use inheritance
>
>   <xsd:complexType name="DimensionType" abstract="true">
>     <xsd:attribute name="name" type="xsd:string" use="required"/>
>   </xsd:complexType>

>From the presence of the abstract="true" attribute, I gather
you are using XML Schema polymorphism in the form of xsi:type
or substitution groups.

The C++/Parser mapping currently does not support XML Schema
polymorphism though we are planning to add this support soon.
Can you confirm that you are using either xsi:type or
substitution groups (or both)?

Thanks,