[xsd-users] Using xsd inheritance

Alig, Michael malig at sempratrading.com
Wed Jan 23 13:14:28 EST 2008

Boris,

I am very impressed with XSD! I have successfully used it in my current
project.

The xsd has now changed to use inheritance

            Ex. except

            <xsd:complexType name="DimensionType" abstract="true">

                        <xsd:attribute name="name" type="xsd:string"
use="required"/>

            </xsd:complexType>

<xsd:complexType name="DimensionTypeMoneyness">

                        <xsd:complexContent>

                                    <xsd:extension base="DimensionType">

                                                <xsd:attribute
name="moneynessType" type="MoneynessType" use="required"/>

                                                <xsd:attribute
name="strikeCcy" type="xsd:string" use="optional"/>

                                    </xsd:extension>

                        </xsd:complexContent>

            </xsd:complexType>

I am having problems parsing the subclasses, only the base parser impl
is called. I tried to follow the

example referenced on the Wiki

            'Various ways to handle pervasive content using the xml:base
attribute as an example, by Jeroen N. Witmond
<http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Ejnw/codesynthesis/xmlnamespace/parser.html> "

but I have had no luck (so far).

Any suggestions and/or examples? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Alig
Sempra Energy Trading
Work : 203-355-5719
Mobile : 845-729-0760

This e-mail contains privileged attorney-client communications and/or confidential information,
and is only for the use by the intended recipient. Receipt by an unintended recipient does not
constitute a waiver of any applicable privilege.

Reading, disclosure, discussion, dissemination, distribution or copying of this information by
anyone other than the intended recipient or his or her employees or agents is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us and delete the
original material from your computer.

Sempra Energy Trading LLC (SET) is not the same company as SDG&E or SoCalGas, the
utilities owned by SET's parent company.  SET is not regulated by the California Public Utilities
Commission and you do not have to buy SET's products and services to continue to receive
quality regulated service from the utilities.

Sempra Energy Europe disclosure: Sempra Energy Europe Limited registered in England & Wales No.
3704235 registered office 111 Old Broad Street London EC2N 1SE United Kingdom.  Sempra
Energy Trading (UK) Limited registered in England & Wales No. 3526627 registered office 111
Old Broad Street London EC2N 1SE United Kingdom FSA firm reference number 188751.  Sempra
Energy Trading Holdings Limited registered in England & Wales No. 3704239 registered office 111
Old Broad Street London EC2N 1SE United Kingdom.