[xsd-users] Using xsd inheritance

Jeroen N. Witmond [Bahco] jnw at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 23 14:26:23 EST 2008

Alig, Michael wrote:

> I am having problems parsing the subclasses, only the base parser impl
> is called. I tried to follow the
>
> example referenced on the Wiki
>
>             'Various ways to handle pervasive content using the xml:base
> attribute as an example, by Jeroen N. Witmond
> <http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Ejnw/codesynthesis/xmlnamespace/parser.html> "
>
> but I have had no luck (so far).

Perhaps there is some confusion about the meaning of inheritance. In my
work on the attributes in the xml namespace, I'm handling the inheritance
of the values of the attributes in the xml file being parsed.  As I
understand it, you are using Schema type inheritance, which is different
thing.

HTH.

Jeroen.