[odb-users] Compatible versions: ODB +Visual Studio + Boost + SQLite

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Sep 27 10:45:28 EDT 2021

Special Gunpowder <specialgunpowder at outlook.com> writes:

> ODB 2.4.0 (with ODB Boost and ODB-SQLite)
> Boost 1.5.6
> Visual Studio Professional 2013
>
> [...]
>
> I would like to change to build with Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition.
>
> My question is: what versions of ODB and Boost should I use to maximize
> compatibility and minimize compilation problems?

I would suggest using ODB 2.5.0 pre-release built using build2 (we
test with VS 2019, you can see the CI results):

https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml

Regarding Boost, I would suggest using the latest release. The ODB
profile should be compatible with it (and if not, please report so
that we can fix it).

If you are feeling adventurous, you can get the latest Boost as
build2 packages from here (until build2 0.14.0 is released, at
which point they will be published to cppget.org):

https://queue.stage.build2.org/

Note that in this case you will also need to use staged build2
0.14.0 pre-release (again, until it's released in a few weeks):

https://build2.org/community.xhtml#stage