[odb-users] odb compiler error: The system cannot find the path specified

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 26 12:00:47 EDT 2015

Hi,

Mehmet Salih Çalışkan <msalihcaliskan at gmail.com> writes:

> I can run "odb --version" without an error however, when I run "odb
> -d sqlite --generate-query --generate-schema person.hxx" command in
> "hello" sample folder from mingw command prompt, I get an error as
> below:
>
> "odb.exe: error: The system cannot find the path specified."

My guess is that you copied/moved odb.exe somewhere. If you have,
shame on you; the README file explicitly tells you not to:

"Note also that while you can move the ODB compiler directory around,
you cannot move the individual sub-directories or files inside it. For
example, copying the ODB compiler executable to C:\Windows will not
work."

If you haven't copied/moved odb.exe, then could you run this test for
me:

1. Unpack ODB to c:/

2. From your MinGW shell, run the command line that produces the error
   but using the absolute ODB compiler path, e.g.,

   /c/odb-2.4.0-i686-linux-gnu/bin/odb -d sqlite ...

3. If that still doesn't work, start the MinGW shell that comes with
   the ODB compiler:

   /c/odb-2.4.0-i686-linux-gnu/mingw/msys.bat

   And try the same command line as in step #2 above.