[odb-users] libodb-qt error... QtCore not found...

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 14 09:29:09 EDT 2015

HI Javier,

Javier Estalis <leo.leoxnidas.c.14 at gmail.com> writes:

> when i use ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/home/leoxnidas/Qt/5.5/gcc/include
> LDFLAGS=-L/home/leoxnidas/qt/5.5/gcc/lib --prefix /home/leoxnidas/Qt/5.5/gcc
>
> this is the output
>
> configure: error: QtCore is not found; consider using CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS to
> specify its location...

When you get an error from a configure-based build system, the first
place you should look is config.log. It can contain quite a bit of
stuff, so it makes sense to use search to quickly get to what you are
interested in. In this case, 'QtCore' would be a good search term. Also
note that there could be multiple tests with some of them failing. So
don't just stop at the first error and assume this is the cause. Check
further down until you see where the test gives up (i.e., prints the
above error, in your case).

Having said all this, I am pretty sure the cause of this is the lack
of the -fPIC option which Qt5, bizarrely, requires all client code
to be built with.