[odb-users] using values in MySQL DB to create all objects

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Apr 15 08:31:16 EDT 2015

Hi Bob,

Loncar, Bob <Bob.Loncar at halton.ca> writes:

> I have been able to build the compiler, odblib and libmysql. I am
> trying to work with the hello example. I have been able to get it
> to build but when I try to run it I get an error saying "The program
> can't start because odb-2.4-vc10.dll is missing from your computer".
> I checked and the file is there in the appropriate directory

What is "appropriate directory"? It should either be one of the
directories in your PATH or in the same directory as the executable
you are trying to run. Just copy it to the directory of the executable.

> yet I can't register it using regsvr32.

I don't understand why you are trying to register it with regsvr?
What makes you think it is a COM component?