[odb-users] Error - Using ODB with Eclipse CDT

Nathan White newhite at rslfibersystems.com
Mon Mar 18 10:09:31 EDT 2013

Boris,

In Step 4 Eclipse gave me an error because the library and include files don't exist in /opt/odb/.  Below is the summary of where the files exist.

The odb executable is found in /usr/bin/odb (executable (application/x-executable))

The includes are found in /usr/lib/odb/i686-linux-gnu/includes/ and /usr/local/include/odb
In /usr/lib/odb/i686-linux-gnu/includes/ there are: c++ folder and odb folder.
In /usr/local/include/odb/ there are: boost.options, boost folder, database.hxx, database.ixx, database.txx, etc

The libraries are found in /usr/lib/odb/i686-linux-gnu/lib and /usr/local/lib.
In /usr/lib/odb/i686-linux-gnu/lib/ there are: gcc folder, libgcc_s.so, libgcc_s.so.1, etc
In /usr/local/lib/ there are: Libodb-2.2.so, libodb-sqlite-2.2.so, libodb.a, libodb-sqlite.a, etc

Here are the versions I'm using for Eclipse CDT:
Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Version: Juno Service Release 1
Build id: 20120920-0800

Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools
Version: 8.1.1.201209170703
Build id: @build@
(c) Copyright Eclipse contributors and others, 2000, 2010.  All rights reserved.
Visit http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools SDK
Version: 8.1.1.201209170703
Build id: @build@
(c) Copyright Eclipse contributors and others, 2005, 2010.  All rights reserved.
Visit http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

GDB Common
Version: 7.0.0.201209170703