[odb-users] Error - Using ODB with Eclipse CDT

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Mar 19 10:00:56 EDT 2013

Hi Nathan,

Nathan White <newhite at rslfibersystems.com> writes:

> In Step 4 Eclipse gave me an error because the library and include files
> don't exist in /opt/odb/.

In the introduction the guide says:

"Here we assume that the ODB compiler is installed in /opt/odb and that
 the ODB runtime libraries (libodb and libodb-<db>, where <db> stands
 for the database system that you are using) were built and installed
 in /opt/odb/include (header files) and /opt/odb/lib (library files)."

If you installed things in a different location, then you will need to
adjust the paths accordingly (and here I assume that you are proficient
enough in GNU/Linux development to know what "accordingly" means).

> The odb executable is found in /usr/bin/odb

Then you should be able to use just odb instead of /opt/odb/bin/odb in
step #3.

> The includes are found in /usr/lib/odb/i686-linux-gnu/includes/ and
> /usr/local/include/odb

The /usr/lib/odb/i686-linux-gnu/includes/ is an internal ODB compiler
directory and you should not specify it explicitly.

> The libraries are found in /usr/lib/odb/i686-linux-gnu/lib and
> /usr/local/lib.

Again, /usr/lib/odb/i686-linux-gnu/lib is an internal ODB compiler
directory that should not be used in your own builds.

Since you installed the runtime libraries in /usr/local, you should be
able to skip the first part of step #4 ("Includes" and "Library Paths"
settings). The compiler will search in this directory by default.