[odb-users] Schema evolution

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 31 07:37:39 EDT 2013

Hi Paul,

[In the future please try not to send multiple copies of the same
question to the mailing list.]

Stath, Paul <PStath at Axxcelera.com> writes:

> I'm interested if you could provide more information on how schema
> evolution will be performed.

The best option is probably to watch the presentation I gave at
C++Now 2013. I talk about schema evolution support towards the
end of the talk, starting at slide 64:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1vgKT-NdRg&feature=share&list=UU5e__RG9K3cHrPotPABnrwg

Slides are here:

https://github.com/boostcon/cppnow_presentations_2013/blob/master/thu/odb-orm-cxx11.pdf?raw=true

> You indicated a possible release date of sometime near end of July?

Yeah, that one is not going to happen, unfortunately. Now it is more
likely to be the beginning of September.

> If you have something you are willing to call beta, I'd be willing
> to test it.

Ok, I might have something for you to try in the next couple of weeks.