[odb-users] problem with sqlite compilation on windows for android

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jul 16 05:38:47 EDT 2013

Hi Lidia,

First of all, let me mention that the build as described on the Wiki
was tested on Linux. You are using Andorid NDK for Windows and Cygwin
to build things, which is a much less robust setup (for details see
below) and that we haven't tried. So if you can instead do this on
Linux, I am sure things will go much smoother.

Lidia Kalinovsky <lidia at lemur-soft.com> writes:

> configure:17559: checking for libsqlite3
> configure:17598: arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -c -Os -D_REENTRANT  -I/tmp/android/include conftest.cpp >&5
> conftest.cpp:26:21: fatal error: sqlite3.h: No such file or directory
>
> Lidia at Lidia-PC /cygdrive/v/ThirdParty/odb/libodb-sqlite/libodb-sqlite-2.2.2$
> ls /tmp/android/include/
> sqlite3.h  sqlite3ext.h

As you can see, the -I/tmp/android/include directory is passed to the
compiler, but it still cannot find sqlite3.h, which is clearly there.

My guess would be Android NDK for Windows doesn't know anything about
Cygwin paths (i.e., /tmp/android/include). One thing that you can try
is use Windows paths instead, e.g., c:/<...>/tmp/android/include.