[odb-users] Error C2766: explicit specialization; 'odb::mssql::default_type_traits<unsigned short>'

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Apr 29 16:09:49 EDT 2013

Hi Tarik,

Tarik BENZ <tenchu.tarik at hotmail.fr> writes:

> I am trying to compile my project using odb on visual studio and
> I have this error :
>
> Error C2766: explicit specialization; 'odb::mssql::default_type_traits<
> unsigned short>' has already been defined

My guess is the wchar_t type in your project is not treated as built-in
type but rather as a typedef for unsigned short. To fix this, go to
Porject Settings, C++, and look for an option to treat wchar_t as a
built-in type.

I am actually surprised this option is not on in your project since
that's the default. Have you maybe turned it off for some reason?