[odb-users] Using ODB with qmake on Windows

Jordan J. Neuhart jneuhart at tlirr.com
Thu Oct 25 11:27:20 EDT 2012

Boris,

I just realized that I forgot to answer your question.  I am using qmake
as part of QtCreator and my target toolchain is VC++, and I am using Qt
4.8.3.  I am also using sqlite as my database.  I followed the
directions on the link you provided and gave your suggestion a try,
modifying for sqlite of course.  When I build the project in QtCreator,
I keep getting the following error:

----------------------------------
jom 1.0.6 - empower your cores

Error: Invalid macro invocation found in
C:\Users\jjn\test\Makefile.Release line 102 command failed with exit
code 2
09:08:59: The process "C:\QtSDK\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited with code
2.
Error while building project test (target: Desktop) When executing build
step 'Make'
---------------------------------

I have attached my .pro file.  The problem seems to stem from the line:

odb.input = ODB_FILES

For some reason, the build process is interpreting ODB_FILES as a macro.
If I change the line to:

odb.input = $$ODB_FILES

Then the build gets a little farther, but stops with this error:

----------------------------------
Error: dependent 'employee-odb.cxx' does not exist.
command failed with exit code 2
09:12:14: The process "C:\QtSDK\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited with code
2.
Error while building project test (target: Desktop) When executing build
step 'Make'
----------------------------------

Also, if I then change the line:

odbh.input = ODB_FILES

odbh.input = $$ODB_FILES

then I get a little farther, but still fail with the following VC++
compiler error:

C:\Users\jjn\test\driver.cxx:15: error: C1083: Cannot open include file:
'employee-odb.hxx': No such file or directory

So it seems that the odb header file is not getting compiled for some
reason.  The odb compiler is in my PATH variable, and I have the
"odb-sqlite.lib", "odb-qt.lib", and "odb.lib" libraries sitting at the
same level as my .hxx and .cxx files in the folder hierarchy.  I think I
have all of the headers in my INCLUDEPATH as well.

Any suggestions for what to try next?  Also, what is the purpose of the
'odbh' extra compiler that just issues the 'rem' command?

Sincerely,

Jordan