[odb-users] Using ODB with qmake on Windows

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Oct 25 12:50:25 EDT 2012

Hi Jordan,

Jordan J. Neuhart <jneuhart at tlirr.com> writes:

> The problem seems to stem from the line:
>
> odb.input = ODB_FILES
>
> For some reason, the build process is interpreting ODB_FILES as a macro.
> If I change the line to:
>
> odb.input = $$ODB_FILES
>
> Then the build gets a little farther, but stops with this error:

I am pretty sure it should be just ODB_FILES. The idea for the
rules was taken from this thread:

http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/47670-qmake-Custom-code-generation-that-produces-both-header-and-cpp-files

Maybe you can try that sample .pro file and see if it works. I will
also try to find some time tomorrow to try this myself.

> C:\Users\jjn\test\driver.cxx:15: error: C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'employee-odb.hxx': No such file or directory
>
> So it seems that the odb header file is not getting compiled for some
> reason.

I think it is not being compiled because of your change to $$ODB_FILES.

> Also, what is the purpose of the 'odbh' extra compiler that just
> issues the 'rem' command?

It makes sure that the *-odb.hxx file is generated before any file
that includes it is compiled. That post that I mentioned above
explains this in more detail.

Let us know if you manage to make any progress on this.