[odb-users] Unresolved inclusion: mysql/mysqld_error.h

Dan Coffey dcoffey at netharmonix.com
Tue Jul 19 13:44:02 EDT 2011

Hi Boris,

You are correct, my cygwin install was in need of an update.
Updated cygwin to latest.
I then linked (ln -s ...) the packages include and libs to /usr/local/...

I've been able to successfully run (using cygwin) configure, make and
make install for the following:

  * libodb-1.4.0
  * libodb-boost-1.4.0
  * libodb-qt-1.4.0

I'm having a problem with the libodb-mysql-1.4.0 configure script.
I installed mysql-5.5.15-win32 files and linked them to the
/usr/local/lib and include dirs.
I copied libmysql.lib to libmysqlclient_r.a

$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/libmysqlclient*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 Dan Coffey root 72 Jul 18 14:16
/usr/local/lib/libmysqlclient_r.a ->
/cygdrive/d/Development/C++/DB/mysql-5.5.14-win32/lib/libmysqlclient_r.a
$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/mysqlclient_r.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 Dan Coffey root 69 Jul 18 14:10
/usr/local/lib/mysqlclient_r.a ->
/cygdrive/d/Development/C++/DB/mysql-5.5.14-win32/lib/mysqlclient_r.a

These are the commands I executed in my cygwin env.
$ ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib/mysqlclient_r.a
$ ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib

Output for both of the above commands was:
checking for __thread keyword... yes
checking for libmysqlclient_r... no
configure: error: libmysqlclient_r is not found;  consider using
CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS to specify its location

$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/libmysqlclient*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 Dan Coffey root 72 Jul 18 14:16
/usr/local/lib/libmysqlclient_r.a ->
/cygdrive/d/Development/C++/DB/mysql-5.5.14-win32/lib/libmysqlclient_r.a
$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/mysqlclient_r.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 Dan Coffey root 69 Jul 18 14:10
/usr/local/lib/mysqlclient_r.a ->
/cygdrive/d/Development/C++/DB/mysql-5.5.14-win32/lib/mysqlclient_r.a

I must be missing something in the configuration process, any idea?

On:
XP SP3

Thanks for you help.

Dan