[odb-users] Unresolved inclusion: mysql/mysqld_error.h

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jul 19 14:14:08 EDT 2011

Hi Dan,

Dan Coffey <dcoffey at netharmonix.com> writes:

> configure: error: libmysqlclient_r is not found;  consider using
> CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS to specify its location

To find out what's going on, you can study the config.log file; it
normally has much more detailed information.

My guess would be the linking to libmysqlclient_r fails because
you are building a Cygwin library while libmysqlclient_r.a that
you have "created" from the MySQL package is a native Win32
library that can only be using for MinGW builds (and VC++).

You are trying to build ODB for MinGW, not Cygwin, right?

If so, then you may want to try the -mno-cygwin GCC option which
can be used to build MinGW binaries under Cygwin. That is, you
will need to run configure like this:

./configure CFLAGS=-mno-cygwin CXXFLAGS=-mno-cygwin LDFLAGS=-mno-cygwin

You will also need to rebuild all the other libraries with this
option.

Note also that while this should work, we haven't tried it. We
always build and test ODB on MinGW using the native MinGW
toolchain and MSYS shell.