[odb-users] Unresolved inclusion: mysql/mysqld_error.h

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jul 14 13:35:19 EDT 2011

Hi Dan,

Dan Coffey <dcoffey at netharmonix.com> writes:

> I'm using Cygwin on XP

In your previous email you said you are using MinGW. You cannot
build a Cygwin library and then use it in a MinGW build. These
are different systems.

> and I created: symbolic links to the files
>
> [...]

I don't really understand why you did this.

> I copied and changed:  mysqlclient.lib to mysqlclient_r.a

That should be libmysql.lib, not mysqlclient.lib.

> When I run /opt/libodb-mysql/configure
> I get an error:
> */configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh config/config.sub/*

There seems to be a problem with your Cygwin setup and this mailing
list is not really about how to setup Cygwin or MinGW or how to use
it. Building ODB runtimes in these environments is not a trivial
task, especially if you are not an experienced MinGW/Cygwin user.

If you want to get started with ODB on Windows, the easiest way
would be to get a copy of Visual Studio (you can get Express
Edition for free) and then use the provided project/solution
files to build the runtime libraries and examples. There are
step-by-step instructions in the INSTALL files.