[odb-users] Unresolved inclusion: mysql/mysqld_error.h

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jul 14 06:04:38 EDT 2011

Hi Dan,

Dan Coffey <dcoffey at netharmonix.com> writes:

> This statement in mysql-types.hxx seems to be the cause, is there some
> place I need to configure so that this attribute
> (LIBODB_MYSQL_INCLUDE_SHORT) is set?

This macro is defined in the config.h file in libodb-mysql in
odb/mysql/details/ which, according to your email you don't have.
This tells me that you haven't built the libodb-mysql runtime.
Before you can build any examples, you need to build libodb and
libodb-mysql.

To build libodb-mysql for MinGW you will need the MySQL client
library. You can use the headers and the library that came with
the MySQL package, however, you will need to rename libmysql.lib
to libmysqlclient_r.a. I also suggest that you get rid of spaces
in your paths; it will make your life much easier.