[odb-users] Unresolved inclusion: mysql/mysqld_error.h

Dan Coffey dcoffey at netharmonix.com
Wed Jul 13 15:45:48 EDT 2011

I'm trying to build my first ODB example code for person.hxx, driver.cxx
and database.hxx
using per the Eclipse ODB documentation:

  * ODB: 1.4.0
  * Windows: 32Bit XP SP3
  * Eclipse:  Version: Helios Service Release 2 Build id: 20110218-0911
  * MySQL Server 5.5
  * mingw32 4.5.2

Using Eclipse - Index - Search for unresolved includes
I get this set of errors.
All of these .h files exist in the include directory
*/C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\include/* but not in the
*include/mysql* directory

This statement in mysql-types.hxx seems to be the cause, is there some
place I need to configure so that this attribute
(LIBODB_MYSQL_INCLUDE_SHORT) is set?
I'm I missing the mysql/*.h files? If so, then do you have a link to the
files I need?

#ifdef LIBODB_MYSQL_INCLUDE_SHORT
#  include <mysql_time.h>
#else
#  include <mysql/mysql_time.h>
#endif

ERROR OUTPUT from Using Eclipse - Index - Search for unresolved includes:

D:/Development/C++/ODB/libodb-mysql-1.4.0/odb/mysql

     mysql-types.hxx
         Unresolved inclusion: mysql/mysql_time.h

     mysql.hxx
         Unresolved inclusion: mysql/errmsg.h
         Unresolved inclusion: mysql/mysql.h
         Unresolved inclusion: mysql/mysqld_error.h

     version.hxx
     Unresolved inclusion: mysql/mysql_version.h

D:/Development/C++/ODB/libodb-mysql-1.4.0/odb/mysql/details
     config.hxx
         Unresolved inclusion: odb/mysql/details/config.h

Thanks,

Dan