[odb-users] Re: RPMs for ODB

Chris Morgan christopher.j.morgan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 08:46:25 EST 2011

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process

>> We were looking at ODB for a recent project but were unable to use
>> it because our customer requires RPMs for 3rd party libraries.
>
> Are you only looking for RPMs for the runtime libraries (libodb and
> libodb-mysql; in other words libraries that you would normally
> distribute with your application). Or for the whole system, including
> the ODB compiler?

I would imagine a -devel RPM for the compiler and any include files,
etc. needed for development with ODB.  Then possibly a -libs file for
the runtime libraries and maybe even a separate -docs RPM (that's
similar to the mysql++ packaging scheme).

-Chris