[odb-users] Re: RPMs for ODB

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jan 27 10:01:17 EST 2011

Hi Chris,

Chris Morgan <christopher.j.morgan at gmail.com> writes:

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process

Thanks for the link. This, however, would require us to package ODB
ourselves. We would prefer to find a Fedora package maintainer that
is interested in doing it. This is what happened with our other
projects.

> I would imagine a -devel RPM for the compiler and any include files,
> etc. needed for development with ODB.  Then possibly a -libs file for
> the runtime libraries and maybe even a separate -docs RPM (that's
> similar to the mysql++ packaging scheme).

Yes, that's what a full set of packages would look like. I was more
interested to know a minimal set of packages that would allow you to
use ODB in your project. If it were just the runtime libraries, then
we could try to package those as an interim solution.