[odb-users] Re: RPMs for ODB

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jan 27 06:45:12 EST 2011

Hi Chris,

[CC'ed odb-users mailing list to my reply.]

Chris Morgan <christopher.j.morgan at gmail.com> writes:

> Are there any plans to provide a set of RPMs to the RedHat and/or
> Fedora projects at some point?

I was hoping Fedora community would do this at some point (and put
ODB into their repository). I wonder if there is any way to suggest
software for packaging in Fedora?

> We were looking at ODB for a recent project but were unable to use
> it because our customer requires RPMs for 3rd party libraries.

Are you only looking for RPMs for the runtime libraries (libodb and
libodb-mysql; in other words libraries that you would normally
distribute with your application). Or for the whole system, including
the ODB compiler?