[odb-users] compile libodb-mysql-1.0.0 runtime library

Myoungkyu Song mksong at vt.edu
Wed Nov 17 21:11:15 EST 2010

Hello,

My name is Myoungkyu Song, and I am a graduate student at Dept. of Computer
Science at Virginia Tech.

I wanted to use ODB - C++ persistence library, so I am trying to compile
libodb-mysql runtime library.

To do that, I compiled MySQL to get the MySQL libraries. However, when I
compiled libodb-mysql-1.0.0,

I've got this following message.

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.la.

*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a

*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

Would you be able to help me out?

@My system:

Window XP, Cygwin, g++ (GCC) 4.3.4, libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4, cmake version
2.8.2

Best regards,

Myoungkyu Song

Myoungkyu Song, PhD Student