[odb-users] noob question about using odb with an IDE

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Nov 10 15:40:29 EST 2010

Hi Jay,

Jay Sprenkle <jsprenkle at gmail.com> writes:

> In version 6.9.1 of Netbeans the custom build step seems to have been
> removed.

I tested the instructions with this version.

> If you select the compiler tab of the project properties there is an
> option called "tool". The help file says this is "The command to run
> the compiler". The compiler is already specified indirectly via the
> "Tool Collection" in the "Build" tab so I 'm not sure why this is
> present.

You don't select project's properties. You select the header file's
(which you want to compile with the ODB compiler) properties. There
in the "General" tab and in its "Tool" field I see Custom Build Tool.
There is also the "Custom Build Step" tab where I can enter all the
information mentioned in the guide.

What is the extension of the file that you want to compile with ODB?
Perhaps Netbeans thinks that it is a C++ source file instead of a
header file, for some reason?