[odb-users] compile libodb-mysql-1.0.0 runtime library

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Nov 18 15:48:25 EST 2010

Hi Myoungkyu,

Myoungkyu Song <mksong at vt.edu> writes:

> To do that, I compiled MySQL to get the MySQL libraries. However,
> when I compiled libodb-mysql-1.0.0,
>
> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
> /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.la.

It looks like you built libmysqlclient as a static library and
is trying to build libodb-mysql as a shared library. This won't
work. You will either need to build libmysqlclient as a shared
library or build libodb-mysql (and libodb) as static. Pass
--disable-shared to configure to achieve the latter.