[odb-users] noob question about using odb with an IDE

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 11:08:43 EST 2010

Good morning,
Thanks for the link :)

In the directions it says:

 "4. In Project explorer right-click on the person.hxx file and select the
"Properties" menu item. Select the "Custom Build Step" tab".

In version 6.9.1 of Netbeans the custom build step seems to have been
removed. If you select the
compiler tab of the project properties there is an option called "tool". The
help file says this is "The command to run the compiler". The compiler is
already specified indirectly via the "Tool Collection" in the "Build" tab so
I 'm not sure why this is present. It might be used for this though. I'll
have to play with it and see how it works.