[xsd-users] xsd questions

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri May 10 09:06:32 EDT 2013

Hi Andre,

Moreira Andre <Andre.Moreira at helvar.com> writes:

> 1.       How can I "disable" exceptions and use error return codes?

You cannot. XSD can only use exceptions to report errors. You may want
to take a look at XSD/e which was especially designed for mobile and
embedded projects and allows you to disable the use of exceptions.

http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsde/

> 2.       When saving an xml file. Does xsd have any built in
> backup/restore mechanism in case of failure when writing to file?

No, XSD does not provide this functionality. What you may want to do
is save to a temporary file and then rename it to the actual file as
an atomic operations.

> 3.       The project where I want to integrate my prototype uses
> precompiled headers and I need to add stdafx.h  on the header file
> xsd generates. Can I add this automatically when compiling with xsd?

Yes, you can use the --cxx-epilogue option to add the include automatically:

--cxx-epilogue "#include \"stdafx.h\""