[xsd-users] Ambiguous call to overloaded function with xsd compiled files

Moreira Andre Andre.Moreira at helvar.com
Fri May 10 06:16:06 EDT 2013

Hello,

I have a small prototype project that I got working perfectly and I'm trying to include it in my working main project.

After adding the xsd compiled files + the schema to my project as soon as the compiler picks up the generated source file I get

1>HelvarProfile.cxx
1>c:\program files (x86)\codesynthesis xsd 3.3\include\xsd\cxx\xml\dom\parsing-source.txx(343) : error C2668: 'xercesc_3_1::DOMConfiguration::setParameter' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>        c:\program files (x86)\codesynthesis xsd 3.3\include\xercesc\dom\domconfiguration.hpp(391): could be 'void xercesc_3_1::DOMConfiguration::setParameter(const XMLCh *,bool)'
1>        c:\program files (x86)\codesynthesis xsd 3.3\include\xercesc\dom\domconfiguration.hpp(390): or       'void xercesc_3_1::DOMConfiguration::setParameter(const XMLCh *,const void *)'
1>        while trying to match the argument list '(const XMLCh [], int)'

I suspect that this must have something to do with the project properties/configuration as I just copied the generated files from one project to the other.

I followed the same steps to configure both projects and as indicated in you page about using xsd with visual studio and everything else seems to be ok. There are many differences between both project configurations and I am concerned that this might be like trying to find a needle in a haystack for something very simple.

I would appreciate some help in here as if I can't integrate this quickly I will have to go for other solutions.

Best regards

Andre Moreira