[xsd-users] generate HTML documentation with hyperlinks between XML, XSD and doxygen-generated HTML

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Dec 24 10:20:38 EST 2013

Hi Erik,

Erik Sjölund <erik.sjolund at gmail.com> writes:

> If we for a second forget about Doxygen and just look at the example of
> mapping an XML file to its XSD file, we could use HTML anchors to reference
> positions inside an HTML web page (e.g. <a href="hello.xsd.html#greeting">)

Ok, so you want the documentation to establish links between an XML
instance elements/attributes and their corresponding XML Schema
definitions.

XSD cannot do this and there are no plans to provide this functionality
(this is the first time I hear anyone needed anything like this). Your
best bet is probably to use Xerces-C++ PSVI since it is pretty much the
association you are looking for.