[xsd-users] [xsdtree] Inheritance elements order

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jun 19 09:21:22 EDT 2012

Hi Joël,

Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim at gmail.com> writes:

> The answer suggest that a new xsd standard, v1.1, allows inheritance with
> xs:all and that would solve my problem. He also says that the last xerces
> code does take account of theses possibilities.

He most likely meant Xerces-J. As far as I know, there hasn't been any
work done in Xerces-C++ to add support for XML Schema v1.1.

> So my question simply is: is xsdtree up to date with xerces to allow me to
> use xs:all in both base and extended types?

No, neither Xerces-C++ nor XSD support XML Schema v1.1. We also don't
have any immediate plans to add this support.

The problem with XML Schema v1.1 is that it continued on the same path
as v1.0 instead of trying to solve the problem. v1.0 was already insanely
complex. v1.1 just added to that complexity. It is also moving more and
more towards "procedural validation" (e.g., xs:assert) rather than
"declarative validation" which makes it a lot less suitable for data
binding. As a result, we don't have any immediate plans to support
new features added in v1.1.