[xsd-users] any-type Problems

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jun 12 01:25:41 EDT 2012

Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin Schindler <bschindler at inf.ethz.ch> writes:

> I have this schema here:
>
> [...]
>
> <xs:any minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" processContents="skip"/>
>
> What I noticed is that my GenericSettings class generated by xsd does
> not contain any members and serializing back to xml will not give me any
> element. Is this intentional?

I think you didn't compile your schema with the --generate-wildcard option,
which adds support for XML Schema wildcards (xs:any and xs:anyAttribute).
Note that there are some other actions that you will need to take (that's
the reason why this support is not enabled by default), as described in
Section 2.12, "Mapping for any and anyAttribute" in the C++/Tree Mapping
User Manual:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/manual/#2.12