[xsd-users] any-type Problems

Benjamin Schindler bschindler at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Jun 11 13:34:56 EDT 2012

Hi

I have this schema here:

<xs:complexType name="GenericSettings_t">
<xs:complexContent>
<xs:extension base="BaseSettings_t">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:any minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" processContents="skip"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:extension>
</xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

I use processContents="skip" just to disable validation. What I need to
do (its part of a migration plan) is to serialize my polymorphic
BaseSettings objects back to xml which are then parsed by another
framework.

What I noticed is that my GenericSettings class generated by xsd does
not contain any members and serializing back to xml will not give me any
element. Is this intentional?

Thank you
Benjamin Schindler