[xsd-users] [XSD] Mac binaries compatibility problem

Jose jc.fernandez.navarro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 07:27:08 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I have an app written in C++ using Xsd. It runs perfectly in Ubuntu and
Fedora but I'm now trying to compile and run it under Mac.

I downloaded the Xsd Mac binaries from the website. My app compiles okay but
it fails while building.

The problem is located in :

/xsd-3.3.0-i686-macosx/libxsd/xsd/cxx/tree/xdr-stream-extraction.hxx

That classes uses some functions located in /usr/include/rpc/xdr.h

They are called in the way :  xdr_uint8  ....xdr_uint16..... and so on

But those are the names used in Linux systems, in Mac my xdr.h uses these
names :

xdr_u_int8....and so on.

Solutions :

1) I can either modify xdr.h or xdr-stream-extraction.hxx to add the
definitions  like

#define xdr_uint32_t xdr_u_int32_t

2) I can try to compile XSD from the source, although I get this error when
I do it :

../build/bootstrap.make:16: build-0.3/bootstrap.make: No such file or
directory

Probably I need to install something like bjam to get to compile.

Is there any solution for this? Does anyone know if compiling the source
fixes issue? If so, have anyone stumbled upon the error I get when I try to
compile it?

Thank you so much

Regards

Jose