[xsd-users] FW: map files and extended types...

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jul 19 10:43:07 EDT 2010

Hi John,

Dingelstad, John <john.dingelstad at dhv.com> writes:

> Yes, I have considered C++ Tree, but given the fact that I get XML files
> which can be >1GB in size, it's just not going to work as I sooner or
> later will hit the 3GB barrier on windows. Therefore, I went with C++
> Parser as it allows me to process and discard each dataset that has been
> retrieved from the input file.

You can do that with C++/Tree as well. See the 'streaming' example in
the examples/cxx/tree/ directory.

> I'll haven't looked at Hybrid as it was/seems to be targeted towards
> embedded applications.

Configured with STL, iostream, and C++ exceptions enabled, C++/Hybrid
is quite suitable for general-purpose applications, especially those
looking for small footprint and runtime memory consumption. It also
supports partially in-memory processing (in fact, C++/Hybrid is built
on top of C++/Parser). There is also the 'streaming' example that shows
how to accomplish this.