[xsd-users] FW: map files and extended types...

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jul 19 09:35:31 EDT 2010

Hi John,

Dingelstad, John <john.dingelstad at dhv.com> writes:

> I'm using the C++ parser to process DATEXII files.
>
> Unfortunately this proves to be a hell of a job to set all the
> required mappings and after a slow start, I finally made some
> progress.

Yes, handling complex schemas with C++/Parser can require some
effort. Is there a good reason for you to prefer it over C++/Tree?
>From your code I see that you are constructing an in-memory object
model. Have you considered using C++/Hybrid from XSD/e[1] if
C++/Tree it too heavy-weight for you?

[1] http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsde/

> Unfortunately I now got struck again and don't know to get further.

I took a look at your code and the problem has to do with the lack
of default constructors in your object model types (DATEXIIObjectModel.h).
Since you store instances of these types as member variables in
parser implementation classes, you will either need to add default
constructors to these types or you will need to add constructors
to the parser classes that call non-default constructors of these
types with some default values. Adding default constructors will
probably be the easiest way forward.