[xsd-users] vocabulary-specific types for simple elements

Sumant Tambe sutambe at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jan 12 11:58:23 EST 2010

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way in xsd (tool) to generate classes that
wrap simple content such as <xs:element name="price" type="xs:int" />
As far as I know, the parent class of such an element gets a set of
overloaded price() methods that essentially return C++ int. Instead, I
was thinking of a class named "price".

Based my limited knowledge of the implementation of the generator, I
think if we force it to consider all elements as complex elements (using
a command-line switch), we can get the desired effect. Am I wrong? Some
extra name mangling might be necessary to resolve name collisions.

Thanks,

Sumant.