[xsd-users] Error while compiling generated code with clang

Adrien Chauve adrien.chauve at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 15:42:38 EST 2010

Hi again,

It seems that clang complains for a good reason. I've just got some really
interesting answers from the clang mailing list. Here is the thread:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.clang.devel/12137 .

In fact, intel compiler also complains when compiling the code in strict
mode (-strict-ansi option).

Some interesting quotation from the standard [temp.dep]:

" In the definition of a class or class template, if a base class depends on
a template-parameter, the base class
scope is not examined during unqualified name lookup either at the point of
definition of the class template
or member or during an instantiation of the class template or member"

Cheers,
Adrien