[xsd-users] Compiling CSTA XSD files

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jun 12 04:34:53 EDT 2009

Hi Batya,

Again, I ask you to keep your replies CC'ed to the xsd-users
mailing list. See the Posting Guidelines for more information:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

Batya Hacohen <bbhacohen at gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying for hours to start my CSTA project and failed to call the
> parsing method.
> I am starting with make-call.xsd and I do not see in the make-call.cxx and
> make-call.hxx a method for parsing.
> I was looking at the examples and see method like:
>
> // Parse a URI or a local file.
>
> ::std::auto_ptr< ::hello_t >
>
> hello (const ::std::string& uri,
>
> ::xml_schema::flags f = 0,
>
> const ::xml_schema::properties& p = ::xml_schema::properties ());
>
> I don't see anything like this in my files.

If you don't see these methods then it means you have disabled their
generation with either --suppress-parsing or one of the --root-element-*
options. If I compile make-call.xsd without --suppress-parsing and
with just --root-element-all, then I get the parsing functions for
MakeCall and MakeCallResponse generated.