[xsd-users] .if-then else and for-each next constructs in schema

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Aug 18 09:25:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

vherard at alphasqr.com <vherard at alphasqr.com> writes:

> In an case I'm simply looking for a way to do in-memory XML tree
> modification such as doing some simple branching logic based on some
> returned value.  For example I might have an initial value for rate = 50%;
> then if I calculate "rate" and it's more than some value I want to branch
> to a different part of  the tree else I go to a different part of ree.

Since the modifications are done in C++, you can use its branching
and looping constructs or use various algorithms provided by the C++
standard library and Boost.

> I was hoping to be able to do that without having to resort to writing
> transformations of the original document. Is this asking too much? Does
> this make sense?

I am still not entirely clear what you are trying to achieve. Where
are these transformations performed? In C++? Somewhere else? A small
but concrete example that shows what you need to achieve would be
very helpful.