[xsd-users] XSD and VC8 issues

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Apr 29 05:49:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

B Hart <bhartsb at gmail.com> writes:

> In doing so I included the xercesc include folders, and xerces-c_3.lib
> which i located in the XSD distribution. ( Note, I downloaded xercesc
> and built it as a static library but then found the xerces-c_3.lib
> in the folders that XSD installed to. I noted that the xerces-c_3.lib
> provided with the XSD installation is much smaller than the xerces-c_3.lib
> that I compiled. I used the XSD version.)

The reason xerces-c_3.lib that comes with XSD is much smaller is because
it is just an import library for the DLL while your static xerces-c_3.lib
contains all the code.

> Access violation writing location 0x00438830.

Can you try to copy the parsing code from examples/cxx/tree/hello/driver.cxx
and see if that works. Alternatively, you can send me your test project so
that I can take a look (just the schema, XML file, and test driver, no
generated or object code please).

> I also tried the static lib but got linker issues.

If you are linking to a static Xerces-C++ library, then you need to
compile your application with the XERCES_STATIC_LIBRARY macro defined,
as mentioned in the Xerces-C++ build instructions:

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/build-3.html#Windows