[xsd-users] warning with any

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 2 15:26:33 EDT 2008

Hi Ray,

[CC'ed xsd-users]

Rizzuto, Raymond <Raymond.Rizzuto at sig.com> writes:

> Thanks for the response.  I think I can live with that limitation.  My
> application is mostly generating messages, although there may be
> interest here in using the same code elsewhere for parsing in the
> future.

I don't think it is really a limitation in your case. In all XML
vocabularies that I have seen the wildcard is never meant to match
the same elements as specified elsewhere in the type ('ticket' and
'price' in your case). We probably raise more questions than is
warranted with this warning but we also don't want to hide any
potential (however unlikely) problems from the user. I know I would
prefer products that I rely on to do it this way.