[xsd-users] comparison question

Rizzuto, Raymond Raymond.Rizzuto at sig.com
Wed Jul 2 15:00:54 EDT 2008

Boris,

I'm using the --generate-ostream option so I can print the objects I
generate.

Here is the XML for an object that I create in memory:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<message xmlns="http://sig.com/sdmp/messages" version="1.2">

  <header source="hi">
    <containerId source="SusexToSDMP">message-1</containerId>
  </header>

  <newRequest>
    <request changed="state of the union" communicationMethod="Manual"
sentDateTime="2008-07-02T14:49:47.517-04:00" state="Discarded">
      <id revision="3" source="SusexToSDMP">request-1</id>
    </request>
  </newRequest>

</message>

When I print it, this is what I get:

header:
containerId: message-1
source: SusexToSDMP
source: hi
messageType:
version: 1.2

It looks like messageType is only printing the base class data, not the
data in the derived newRequest class.  I'm guessing this is the same
issue as the comparison operator.

Ray