[xsd-users] XSD 3.1.0.b1 released

Jeroen N. Witmond [Bahco] jnw at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 16 14:46:31 EST 2008

Boris Kolpackov wrote:

> We have released XSD 3.1.0.b1 which is the first and most likely the
> final beta for the upcoming 3.1.0 release. The NEWS file entries so
> far are as follows:
[snip]

I tried this beta with my work on xml-base[1,2], and stumbled upon a
problem in one implementation, custom-xmlbase. This problem is not present
in XSD 3.1.0.a3.

The problem is in implementation custom-xmlbase[1, item 3], and appears as:
custom-xmlbase:
/home/bahco/Sandbox/xsd-3.1.0.b1-i686-linux-gnu/libxsd/xsd/cxx/tree/elements.hxx:253:
virtual void xsd::cxx::tree::_type::_container(xsd::cxx::tree::type*):
Assertion `container_ == 0' failed.

This is called indirectly from this statement at line 57 in file
custom-xmlbase/xml-base.cpp:
  this->base (r);

The statement immediatelly before is my adaptation from the code generated
for implementation explicit[1, top left]:
  ::std::auto_ptr< base_type > r (
    base_traits::create (i, f, this));
into
  ::std::auto_ptr< base::type > r (
    base::traits::create (i, f, &type));

All other implementations worked as expected. This includes the problem
described in
http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2007-December/001418.html
which you may have missed due to the holidays. :)

Jeroen.

[1] http://www.xs4all.nl/~jnw/codesynthesis/xmlnamespace/index.html
[2] http://www.xs4all.nl/~jnw/codesynthesis/xmlnamespace/parser.html