[xsd-users] IntelliSense testing needed

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jan 16 04:54:43 EST 2008

Hi,

There has been a number of reports that IntelliSense in Visual
Studio 2005 (8.0) does not work on the code generated by the
C++/Tree mapping. For the upcoming 3.1.0 release we have added
a new option, --generate-intellisense, which triggers generation
of workarounds for bugs in Visual Studio 2005 IntelliSense. The
resulting code is a bit more verbose but otherwise semantically
equivalent to the one generated without this option.

Visual Studio 2008 (9.0) appears to have all these bugs fixed, so
these workarounds are not required. IntelliSense in Visual Studio
2003 (7.1) will benefit from these workarounds though the support
is not complete (IntelliSense in this version is just too buggy).

While we have tested the new IntelliSense support on examples and
other tests, it would be great if folks who are interested in using
IntelliSense in their development tried the just-release 3.1.0.b1
beta with the new option on their projects. The beta can be downloaded
from here:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/download.xhtml

The announcement for the beta is here:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-announcements/2008/000025.html