[xsd-users] wsdl support - slightly off-topic question

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 6 11:20:08 EDT 2008

Hi Shiva,

Balasubramanyam, Shivakumar <sbalasub at qualcomm.com> writes:

> In this case, there is no decent product out there for a WSDL to C++
> compiler. If you have decided to use WSDL as an interface, then please
> refer to this spec which provides the specification for WSDL to C++
> http://www.omg.org/docs/ptc/06-08-01.pdf

If it is anything similar to the IDL to C++ mapping by OMG, then we
are better off not looking in there... ;-)

> I would be interested in brainstorming and providing any
> support/contribution in these areas.

I guess the main question at this point is what would be the minimal
implementation that you would find usable.

I guess the data binding as well as the service stub/skeletons from
WSDL definitions are required. So when you call a stub you get
serialized XML of the message on the other side. Similarly, you
can pass an XML message to a skeleton and it will dispatch the
corresponding virtual function.

We can also provide support for wrapping/extraction these messages
into/from a SOAP envelope (I think this can be done by compiling
the SOAP schemas with XSD and then using the wildcard support to
get/set the body of the envelope).

So the question is whether something like this will be useful to
you.