[xsd-users] Ostream operator for optional containers

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 6 10:06:21 EDT 2008

Hi Rance,

Rance Kirtley <rkirtley at asinc.com> writes:

> We get compile errors because the TimeStamp is in an optional container.
> My work-around is to further qualify the statement; eg
>
>     o << ::std::endl << "TimeStamp: " <<  (*i.TimeStamp ()).hours();

Does not look like this is an optional container problem. Rather, it
seems that operator<< for xml_schema::time cannot be found for some
reason. Maybe you are using --generate-xml-schema and forgot to add
--generate-ostream to the command line (that option would trigger
inclusion of the stream insertion operators for the built-in XML
Schema types)?